1 tablespoon stemmed & finely chopped Habanero pepper (about 1 pepper)
2 tablespoons stemmed fresh thyme
1 tablespoon freshly ground allspice (not too fine)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
¾ cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 ½ cups finely chopped scallions (using the white and the green parts)
¾ cup soy sauce
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor except soy sauce and oil.
- After finely minced or pureed, place in mixing bowl and add soy sauce.
- Store in glass jar or clay pot.
For Meats (chicken, beef, pork)
- Place the meat in the marinade and let sit overnight.
- Remove meat from the marinade and grill at a high temperature until cooked through.
For Seafood (fish, lobster, shrimp)
- Place the fish or seafood in the marinade for one hour only. Do not overmarinate or it will break down the fibers in the fish and seafood, resulting in a mushy consistency when cooked.
- Remove from the marinade and grill at a high temperature until cooked through.
Credit: Sandals Lifestyle